Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
77 Questions to help you avoid business failure
Need a Hair Makeover Salon
Want to Set up your own Training Academy
- Which is more Productive – Discipline or Motivation? August 15, 2018
- The Effects of Grade Inflation on Education August 15, 2018
- Order your Remy Tape in Hair Extensions for your holidays August 7, 2018
- How to avoid being Ripped of by Mobile Hair Extension Technicians. July 19, 2018
- Discrepancy in pay exists despite the proportion of black men with bachelor’s degrees increasing July 19, 2018
- Which is more Productive – Discipline or Motivation? academyexpresscourses.com/2018/08/15/whi… https://t.co/1A3fAa9DIKnext tweet 1 day ago
- The Effects of Grade Inflation on Education academyexpresscourses.com/2018/08/15/the… https://t.co/aJH4XyGBhinext tweet 1 day ago
- 9 Best Anti Ageing Facial Skincare Recommendations academyexpresscourses.com/2018/08/15/9-b… https://t.co/vktnOCQboAnext tweet 1 day ago
- Everything about #HairExtensions techniques, courses and techniques buff.ly/2JxPXB4 facebook.com/1318426590/pos…next tweet 2 days ago
Out Now: Available from Amazon
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (4)
- June 2018 (5)
- May 2018 (5)
- April 2018 (9)
- March 2018 (4)
- February 2018 (5)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- April 2017 (3)
- March 2017 (7)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (4)
- August 2016 (5)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (3)
- May 2016 (4)
- April 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (5)
- December 2015 (4)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (2)
- July 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (1)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (4)
- March 2015 (2)
- February 2015 (4)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (4)
- October 2014 (2)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (5)
- July 2014 (4)
- June 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (9)
- April 2014 (10)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (3)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (7)
- October 2013 (5)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- July 2013 (5)
- June 2013 (10)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (6)
- February 2013 (4)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- May 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (4)
- September 2010 (7)
Short Hair Extension Courses
Find out more about hair extensions
Monthly Archives: December 2012Image
Article by Diane Shawe M.Ed.
Take 5 minutes a day to keep your stress level down
Everything seems much faster, urgent and possibly unfulfilling! Just after Christmas and heading into the New Year it can often be a stressful time for lots of people for lots of reasons.
Stress is created by worrying about things in the future or things that have already happened, both of which you cannot change at the very moment you are worrying about it.
Before you read any further do this little test. ‘At this very very moment whist you are reading this is there a problem affecting you reading this article at this moment in time that is stopping you from reading it? If your answer is ‘no’ then this is because you are living in the ‘NOW’
Living too much into the future or reliving the past are both causes of fear and pain. You would probably find yourself concerned with some of the following thoughts…
- How can I stop the pain?
- How can I switch your mind off,
- How can I stop worrying?
- How can I relax?
- How can I be happy?
Well I invite you to explore two words ‘acceptance’ and ‘surrender’ a good place to start.
Become fully present is very empowering and helps you live in the higher order of thinking.
If only our lives was like typing when we can simply undo, delete or Hyperlink to a quick useful reference but alas, lots of things are unavoidable in life. Never before has it become more important to find ways to decrease and prevent stressful incidents and decrease negative reactions to stress, especially as they can lead to short or long term illnesses.
Here are some of the things that can be done instantly by just remembering to be conscious of them.
Time management skills can allow you more time with your family and friends and possibly increase your performance and productivity. This will help reduce your stress.
To improve your stress management:
- Save time by focusing and concentrating, delegating, and scheduling time for yourself.
- Keep a record of how you spend your time, including work, family, and leisure time.
- Prioritise your time by rating tasks by importance and urgency.
- Redirect your time to those activities that are important and meaningful to you.
- Manage your commitments by not over- or under committing. Don’t commit to what is not important to you.
- Deal with procrastination by using a day planner, breaking large projects into smaller ones, and setting short-term deadlines.
- Examine your beliefs to reduce conflict between what you believe and what your life is like.
- Build healthy coping strategies
It is important that you identify your coping strategies. One way to do this is by recording the stressful event, your reaction, and how you cope in a stress journal. With this information, you can work to change unhealthy coping strategies into healthy ones-those that help you focus on the positive and what you can change or control in your life.
Some behaviors and lifestyle choices affect your stress level. They may not cause stress directly, but they can interfere with the ways your body seeks relief from stress. Try to:
- Balance personal, work, and family needs and obligations.
- Have a sense of purpose in life.
- Get enough sleep, since your body recovers from the stresses of the day while you are sleeping.
- Eat a balanced diet for a nutritional defense against stress.
- Get moderate exercise throughout the week.
- Limit your consumption of alcohol.
- Don’t smoke.
Social support is a major factor in how we experience stress. Social support is the positive support you receive from family, friends, and the community. It is the knowledge that you are cared for, loved, esteemed, and valued. More and more research indicates a strong relationship between social support and better mental and physical health.
Changing your thinking pattern
When an event triggers negative thoughts, you may experience fear, insecurity, anxiety, depression, rage, guilt, and a sense of worthlessness or powerlessness. These emotions trigger the body’s stress, just as an actual threat does. Dealing with your negative thoughts and how you see things can help reduce stress.
- Thought-catching helps you stop a negative thought to help eliminate stress.
- Disproving irrational thoughts helps you to avoid exaggerating the negative thought, anticipating the worst, and interpreting an event incorrectly.
- Problem solving helps you identify all aspects of a stressful event and find ways to deal with it.
- Changing your communication style helps you communicate in a way that makes your views known without making others feel put down, hostile, or intimidated. This reduces the stress that comes from poor communication. Use the assertiveness ladder to improve your communication style.
Why Continued Personal Development is important
Lifelong learning it’s important to your continued growth and smiley to core with lives every changing environment, circumstances and economical. Everyday life can often present challenges and like any thing in life if you don’t equip yourself with the right tools trying to fix the problem with the wrong tools can itself be the greater source of frustration.