Does this look familiar to you?
Well chances are you know about this because you have seen this because you have looked at some form of social media.
Social media is an inexpensive way to promote yourself or your business.
What is Social Media exactly, well its all those websites and applications that allow you to create and share content (i.e. videos, pictures, words) on a social network. Some of most popular social networks include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest
So why use Social Media? Well, to put it simply it is all about getting noticed and staying noticed and that is exactly what you want to achieve – newly trained Hook and Latch technician (smiley face)
So here are some tips on how you can use Social Media to promote your business:
- Be clear about two things: firstly ask yourself these questions – who do I want to promote to? and what is it that I am offering? – if you know these two things then you know exactly what information/content you want people to see. You want to be sure that your location, contact details, services, client type and your link to website is clear
- Upload lots of content: Now that you know what content you want to share and to who- upload loads of it! When it comes to hair, nothing speaks louder than showcasing before and after pictures and video testimonials. You also want to upload anything fun or interesting the company is doing.
- Build your Network: find similar friends and people to follow. Remember your network will share your content with their own personal networks. Search for keywords like hair extensions, beauty, hair and beauty makeovers to find new friends and followers. Also search your local and surrounding areas to find customers and or people/bloggers who can link with to help influence sales or promote your business.
- Converse with your Network: now that you’ve built a network make sure you converse with your friends and followers. That means give feedback to other posts, answer questions, provide advice, whatever is takes to be seen as someone who is truly interested in their clients. Post conversation starters like for example – ‘Would you rock this hairstyle this fall?’ That way your clients will always come back to site and will always have something to chat about.
- Add value to your product or service: Let’s face it, you’ve got competition and so you really need to stand out in the crowd. People love giveaways, so hold competitions, offer discounts and referral programs, create a subscription website in which clients can view video tutorials and offer exclusive deals to regular customers. This is a sure fire way to increase your following or create loyal customers
- Stay Current: Hashtag current trends to create interest and draw users to accounts for example #hairextensions
- Stay safe: Don’t forget to visit your setting section and outline who can make comments, view your profile, tag you or even connect with you. We know it’s called social media but not everyone is social and Reputation Management will be your own responsibility.
Lastly, I would like to suggest that you get with the times… if you don’t know – you can do all of this from the comfort of your own phone, yup your mobile phone:
Interested in taking a social media online course then send us your inquiry at http://www.shortcourses.expert or give us a call on 0203 551 2621
Watch out for the next news letter which will cover how to take payment from debit/credit cards using your mobile phone.