Why setting up a hair extension expert salon could give you a long term career?
Article written by Diane Shawe M.Ed
We have seen the hair extension market grow over the past 15 years, now there are more hair extension techniques than ever before and it can be confusing to decide which is the right one for you to either apply to your own hair or become a qualified technician.
If you are thinking of becoming a qualified technician, it is important to consider how potential clients might make their decision. Some people will make a decision based on price, others on their hair type and some based on what they need to achieve.
Here are just a few tips to help with your decision making process.
1. Wigs: Wigs are a quick and easy way to give yourself a quick makeover. What you need to bear in mind is that the cheaper the wig the more un-natural it will look. You don’t need to spend a lot of money but it is worth investing in a wig that you can use from time to time. Client will pay between £120 – £300 for a good quality wig which could last for up to 12 months.
2. Hair Pieces: There are lots of different hair pieces from pony tails to rear hair attachments in all different shades, curly, straight or plaits. There are also specialist hair pieces for thinning hair that can help disguise any problems. The thing to bear in mind is that hair pieces are not often very secure and could make you feel a little uncomfortable. Some of the ponytail pieces can be securely fixed, so if you want a demure look go for a ponytail.
3. Integrated Weaves: This is when wefts of hair is sewn onto a fine cornrow which is then hide by the bulk of your hair on top. It is a popular technique because if done correctly it can look very natural and offer up a robust and secure hair enhancement solution. If you look after the hair you can reuse it when you go back to have it re tightened. Clients could pay between £190 – £330 for the integrated weave.
4. Pre-tips: This is small pieces of hair that have been pre bonded together. They can be added in sections all over the head to aid thickening, give the impression of highlights or lowlight and length. Pre-tips can be applied using heat, micro rings or even small elastic bands. Be aware that they have to be professionally removed so as not to damage your own hair.
5. Strand by Strand (glue gun): This is when hot bond is used to bond small sections of hair to the recipients own hair. It was a very popular technique in 6 years ago, but requires professional application and removal by a qualified technician. Can give the appearance of flyaway hair that you could somewhat run your fingers through. It is a very time consuming technique and is much better for a long term wear over 3-4 months.
6) Clip in hair extensions: These are now very popular. They are best used for lengthening mid should length hair. If the hair is shorter they don’t sit very well because they can be a little bulky in appearance. They don’t offer up much security unless they have been professionally fitted. This is when a very small cornrow is done and the clips are slipped through for much added security. Great for an evening occasion but not advisable for long term wear. click to read more
7) Net Weave: This technique is used when the client wants to partially extend just a section of their hair or if the client suffers from patchy alopecia. This technique is suitable for 2-4 months wear.
8) Hook and Latch: This technique does not use any glues orhttp://www.hairextensionstraining.academy threads. It is a beautiful technique, flat to the touch and hair could be worn up. It works well with shorter hair especially the Micro ring track technique.
9) Lace Wigs: Lace wigs have become very popular. They are really good for girls with short thin hair, damaged hair, hair that needs a rest or a complete makeover. Top celebrities have made them really popular and you can see why from the video testimonial below. See Radio TV presenters new lace wig
10) Braides and Plaits: Braides and Plaits have been around for hundreds of years. A technique that can look very simple or quite exotic. Braids can be worn for a number of months until the hair grows out, they can even have beads added to the end for that extra special look.
Hair Loss Specialists
Clients also suffer from thinning hair can be helped, click here to hear what one client had to say.
As we see an aging population, people are becoming more confident about getting help to resolve short term or long term hair problems.
HAIR EXTENSION TRAINERS AND CONSISTENT SPECIALIST SALONS
There is s shortage of qualified hair extension trainers and specialist practicianers in the UK. Visit this link to find out more and how you can become qualified and invest in this business.
Investment opportunity to set up your own specialist salon